Sunday, November 9, 2008

Rio for President

Since my arriving in Manila in January, I was extremely impressed with the races that Rio put together. From the first runex at UP through to today with the VSO Bahaginan’s Kabahagi Ako FUNdraising race. The race results out on the same day, is this possible? Yes with Rio it is. You can get your results here.



It was perfectly organised. So many water stations and at good placed areas. Also the different distance categories was placed evenly and for once they were not a problem to us. I dont know how he did it but it worked. I think to my opinion, other race organisers can realy get him to give advice and together all the organisers can make it such a great experience. I am not saying this because I think the others was a wreck, it was all enjoyable on the cotrary, I just feel that Rio has the correct passion and talents for races and running.



Well done Rio, you out did yourself again. The race was great. I paced with Joemar from teh start to finnish and we had a great pace. We knew the route so we knew not to start to strong and what a difference that made to the latter stages of the races and MCKINLEY!!! I did not want to go to fast today as I wanted to train for the NB next weekend so today should have been a slow longish run. Looking at my time, it was great and I did not even feel I was going this fast. It is always great to pace with someone and that is why I decided to grab the opportunity with both hands when Taki suggested that we must run together. Thanks Taki and I will definately take you up on that offer.



Thanks for a wonderful run today, it was great and a great experience. I also met so many people and I think one of the highlights was to eventually meet Nora. I hope you had a great run Nora as I could not chat for to long, had other things to attend to. It was great seeing so many bloggers like Jaymie, baldrunner, highaltitude, Levy, Ben, Wayne,Vimz (for the first time) and so many others. If I did not mention your name, I did not forget you but there are to many to mention. You guys are great and thanks for making us foreigners feel at home.



Due to this once again excellent race, I wonder if anyone will second the motion to vote Rio for President? I made his first banner and we need someone to print it so we can start his campaign. Who is with me?


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

second!!!
it has been seconded...

any further discussion?
no disussion...

anyone who agree say i,
i...

anyone against with the same signal,
...

=)

phillips
nice to see this morning. that was fast, man... and i think you haven't give all you have. i'll see you in clark next sunday. perhaps, i should go with your pace later....

Anonymous said...

nice to see you again Philip. it agree 100% that it was a well organized race. galing ng banner ni Rio! for sure panalo siya sa banner mo. :P

Anonymous said...

omigod! can I grab this and post it on my blog too!

Unknown said...

you are more than welcome to pace with me and Taki on the NB day. I cant believe I felt so good. I cant remember what I ate the day before but it must have been that... Thanks for pacing us today.

Well Mr. Lacbay, congrats on your first 15km. It is the first step of many great races to come. Enjoy every moment of them. Keep fit and God bless.

PC you are more than welcome to publish on your post, it looks good hey, funny what photoshop can do.

Anonymous said...

Hey Philip,

Nice seeing you again Bro. Indeed a great race. I agree....

JunC

Unknown said...

HI Fr,

Met you last time, Br introduced me to you. Your first question was, "Are you blogger too?" Doc Joe goes on to say, "He's BR number 1 commentator in his blog." I saw you two running "easily". Well that looked fast as you guys overtook me early on. There was another white guy somewhere behind you. I wasnt sure who was who.

Doc Joe said you're south african. Do you paddle surf skis? Do you get to compete back home as well?

Anonymous said...

T'was great pacing with you Philip. See you at Clark for the NB race. =)

-joms-

Anonymous said...

Who needs Obama, when we have Rio!!!

Thank you very much Philip for lending me your Garmin. I will take good care of it and take it out for some swimming.

Levy

Anonymous said...

great meeting you Philip. hey, nice banner, ang cute! I too will vote for dear Coach Rio anytime! ;)

Unknown said...

Hey philip, it was nice seeing you way up in front..again...with a big grin on your face. Glad you enjoyed your "slow longish run" even if that's probably race pace for most of us :)

Tech Spec said...

Philip, this picture is so funny. hahahaha

Anonymous said...

I reckon, Rio having placed himself in the (running) shoes of the runners, he knows and feels the anticipation and expectation of the participants in the event which makes his races so perfectly managed. Other race organizers should set him as an example.

BTW, thanks Philip for dropping by my crib. Hope to meet you soon :).

Anonymous said...

Hi Philip. You won't get an argument from me. If he needs a campaign manager, I'm available.

Great to have met you last Sunday. I'll see you at Clark!

Nora, the golden girl said...

Philip, the highlight of the VSO Run last Sunday was finally meeting YOU and the other runner bloggers! Did you hear me scream when we saw each other from afar?

Congratulations for another great run. As for me, I struggled because of the upward route but I survived. Must include hill running in my training. Hopefully next time, I will be prepared for a race in the Fort.

Very dignified (which makes it funny) picture of Coach Rio. I second the motion!

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Philip -- you have my vote -- Rio for President!!! he! he! Too bad we didn't catch each other at Clark. I'm sure you had a great race. To more great races in the future!! Catch you soon!

Anonymous said...

I vote for Coach Rio as President! Woohoo!