Monday, November 17, 2008

NB... What a horrible and unenjoyable race

I am sure I have your attention now. You see, everytime I opened a blog, I read how wonderfull the race was. I thought if I do the same I stand a chance of people just scanning through my blog as well. So, there you go, I cought you and now that you read this far no need to stop as I am not going to blog this time on how wonderfull the race was as we all know by now it was more than great, instead I will compliment some and thank others:
Firstly to two guys that helped me set up a good time -
Jerry, thanks for the pacing, it was bad luck though that you struggle to run and drink water as I am sure you would have overtaken me at the finnish.
I dont know how many bloggers know him and I am not sure how to spell his name and maybe someone can correct me in the comments and I will change it but it was Boyet, the training mngr at Gold's gym in Greenhills. Sinabi ko sa inyo kaya ko iyan sa tulong ninyo. He met me after app. 10km's and ran with me and sometimes in front of me the whole time. It is clear he know a lot about running as he knew when I will need encouragement.

Baldrunner for always giving me at least one tip when I see him.
Jaymie, for your enthusiasm in the sport of running and promoting it the way you do in the Philippines - keep that smile girl, it can take you far.
Ben for your photos and for your, Joms and Rio's friendship. After meeting you I understood the context of the Tagalog word "pare" the first time they tried to explain it to me.
Tanya from happy feet to keep inviting me to functions and being hospitible even though I could not make it the last time.
Jun C for all the photos you take of me and encouraging me during each run.

For great informative web pages about running and races here in the Philippines eg. takbo.ph etc.

Happy feet peeps that just put that extra umph in the running world and make the socials even so much better - Thanks Mon
Felipe for the encouraging words all the times.
Annie for keeping me pushing forward as I think you are on my heals all the time and boy you get closer every time.
As Jerry said, the guy at 8km of the NB race that gave such nice remarks other than "Hi Joe" as we white people are know here in the Philippines (glad my name is not realy Joe as I would thought I was a celebrity). I saw a white guy once with a shirt that had on the back "Hindi Joe ang pangalan ko" maybe it will be worth it to get a running shirt like that?!?
Thanks New Balance
Everyone that made an effort to speak to me or to make me feel welcome in your country, I solute you all, also the new runners at each race and people breaking their PR's - great stuff. I see it a privelage to be in this wonderfull country of all of you and share races with you guys. Keep fit and keep up the running. So if I did not mention your name, believe me your impact is noted and appreciated. If you ever just spoke to me and I did not mention yur name, please forgive me as it is hard if you are standing out in a country to remember all the new people introduced to you.
Lastly I would like to mention, if going to Clark and looking for a hotel, we stayed at the maharajah. It is a great hotel if you decide to stay in the new rooms. Opt for them as they dont offer them to the families. We were able to get a double occupance room (two double beds) for our family as we have three small kids and they easily fit on a double bed but they did not want us to stay there. The family room they offered us is more expensive but not the same quality, the new rooms are much better. They allowed us to stay in the new room with the two double beds after we told them we are willing to give up the extra money we paid for the family room as we thought the new room is better value for money anyway. So if you stay there, ask for the new rooms. Other than that it was great staying there as the staff is super friendly.
I found these great pics on other blogs and thanks for all of yu that took them and send them to me. Here they are - salute to all of you and God bless.


Before the start with Bullrunner and my running partner Jerrie and some others.

I thought she was going to sing the national anthem.. I could not believe it that I won third place in my age group.


With my new found running friend Jerrie
After about 10km I was told, Jerrie and Boyet, the fitness manager at our gym, Gold's gym in Greenhils.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi FR,

I tried to post one way and that failed. So here I am again.

Congratulations on the podium finish! Glad you had a swimmingly good time over at that NB race. Keep it up.

Have a great day!

QuickSilver
http://qrunning.wordpress.com

Bro J said...

Hi Philip, congratulations on your run and placing third in your age group. Hope to meet you again bro!

Bro J said...

congrats Philip for a great run and finishing third on your age group. hope to meet you again in future races!God bless you bro!

Rico Villanueva said...

You sure got our attention. Talk about irony. You had a podium finish, man! I saw you on your way back. Isa kang halimaw! [You are a (running) monster]. Someday I will run just as fast. There is no harm dreaming, is there?

Anonymous said...

wow congratulations on the award!!

Anonymous said...

:) I was caught by your words and you were right... no more stopping to read. Well, congratulations Philip. It was nice to see you at the VSO run and at NB run. Thanks for the high five you gave me. Can I link your blog with mine?

JavyO said...

Congrats again on your third place finish Philip!

Don't worry, I get called "Joe" or "Man" too :P

Anonymous said...

Philip,
I'm so proud of you!!! Good thing we waited for the awarding ceremonies. This is just the beginning. A lot of races till the end of the year to rack em podium finishes.

Levy

Anonymous said...

Joe!... err.. Philip, sorry.. nice headlines u got there! heheh.. Cheers. :)

Anonymous said...

haha the title really made me do a double take. great run for you. congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Philip, magtatagpo rin tayo. Kita-kita sa linggo, sana makapag-kodakan na tayo doon.

Congratulations! :-)

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Philip -- congratulations on your great run and podium finish!!! Your stories are really inspirational. I remember your entry about your old picture -- the BIG Philip -- and how your transitioned to the FIT Philip. I'm hoping to do the same -- maybe not as fast and as intense as you -- as Rico said -- Isa Kang Halimaw!!! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

hahaha what a title!
anyway, thanks to you too... i'm training hard to improve the form of my running [i knew last night from coach Salazar that the form of my body while running isn't appropriate and need to improve] and of course drinking while running.
i couldn't join this milo full marathon since i didn't join the previous milo 42k elimination. i'm thinking to have my own marathon on that day or perhaps going 50k take 2.
hope to see you very soon!!!

run unlimited said...

Hi Philip, congrats on your double medal finish. Tama ka, printing your shirt is a good idea. Lets say, "I'm not Joe, ako'y mananakbo". See you again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Philip, great run and a fast race too, the podium pic says it all..Congrats and see you next run

Nora, the golden girl said...

My warmest congratulations to you Philip!

So sad I wasn't there to witness your podium finish. (but I'm training for that promise you wrote in my blog . . . )

Gene Ordanza said...

Hey Philip, great to meet you at the race. Grabe lupit (you're so cruel). You and Jerry are really on different running level. Hope to catch up with at the next race!

--gene

Anonymous said...

Philip, congrats on the 25K and the podium finish. Great meeting you and thanks for all the comments. You and Jerry are indeed running well right now and please continue to do so. You're both my friends and always I like to see people do well.

I was surprised that I was even close to third in my age group in the 10K...like 11 seconds (only if I hadn't made that pit stop at 9km, who knows). Take care and will see you in 2009!

Anonymous said...

asteeg! congratulations Philip. next time pag nag-invite si Tanya sa bahay nila sama ka. sarap kumain. hehe.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, I mean, Congrats Philip. It was a great run for all of us. Glad to meet you again. But you really missed the great dinner we had at Tanya's. 'Til next time.

Unknown said...

Bro J, thanks for the congrats and with our love for running I am sure we will meet more often.

Rico, if you told me a few years ago I will just be running I would have laughed my head off. Keep dreaiming, they come true. God bless.

chaia, thanks for the congrats.

roselle, nice seeing you again this morning at unicef. All the best and see you soon. thanks for the pics.

JavyO, it can get upsetting being called that but I suppose have to get use to it as it wont change. See you at the next tri's

Levy, it was nice to be on the podium as I got so use to seeing you up there and me waiting for you. Ha ha ha you look good in a spiderman suit.

lonerunner, dont get me started again. All the best brother.

bards, got tired of all giving compliments, had to change something. See you brother.

Dindo, we certainly will run together and we did see each other today and yeah eventually a photo together. Great to have met you brother. See you soon.

Johny everything comes to those who persevere. You will get there brother especially as you see the results. See you again.

sundaywarrior, thanks for the comment and see you soon. Keep fit.

Nora, I am ready when you are, if it is while I am still here, I will gladly pace you and help you through your first 20+ km run. God bless and sorry for not seeing you at Unicef, wanted to introduce you to my family.

Gene, it was great seeing you and I am sure we will meet up soon again. All the best and no I am not cruel just trying to be motivating... ha ha ha

Wayne great to have met you. thanks for the motivating words and cant wait for your next vissit, we will have to spend more time together then. Enjoy the States back home.

Wilbert, great to have seen you and thanks for the pics of unicef. Thanks and please remember me for the next invite by Tanya. I saw the pics of the food and I could see it was nice. Let me try this in Tagalog: nakakita ako ng pagkain sa litrato at mukhang masarap. makakakita sana ako sa inyo sa susunod na karera. How was that?

Jinoe, I am sure I missed not only great food but also great fellowship. Everytime someone tell me I missed out I feel like a knife gets japped into my skin. See you at the next races.

Tech Spec said...

Hi Philip, just would like to greet you a Happy Birthday. :)

Unknown said...

Joe, I mean, Philip :) I think this post would've made a good speech when you accepted your medal. Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

phillips,

why don't you join the speed training this coming wednesday? i'll be there in ULTRA tho...

Unknown said...

Taki, thanks for the birthday wishes. Congrats on the fast 5km this last Sunday.

Jaymie, wanted to give a speech but was overwhelmed with the lady that seemed like she wanted to sing Bayang Mailieu. She was very nice though.

Jerrie, what time is the training?