Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What is your running speed (BPM)?

I enjoy running to music especially long runs. I need something to listen to when running or else it becomes boring. I started to google on "running beat music". I knew the song Little Bitty of Allen Jackson was a song I enjoyed to run to with a nice fast beat. I found out you have a BPM running beat. It is easy, just count your steps for 30 sec, times it by two and there you go, your own beat per minute. Take a few away for the last 30 min of your long run and by doing that you set your music according to your run. Now here is the punch of this blog. I know you have your own music and you might not be sure what their BPM is. Well I found this program that you can download on your pc and load your music of your pc on it and it tells you the BPM of each song. I will post it on the end of this story. So go on if you enjoy running to music and download the program and away you go.
I know we all dont run to music but I find it motivates me a bit more if I find a fast beat. My problem was I downloaded a lot of songs of playlists that were given to me but it is not my type of music. I enjoy Christian music with a fast beat for running and that even gives me another workout. I feel so good after the run after doing some worship with my run. You will be surprised how many nice beat Christian music there are to use with your next workout. Enough talking, go on and download that program and STAY FIT!

http://www.mixmeister.com/download_freestuff.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can try the playlist generator in a winamp installation. also you can can perfectly filter all your songs with it. when i found out about all it's functions that's when i started to look for something like mixmeister. by the way, have you ever heard about sth. like the ideal bpm? i once read an article about it, but i can't remember where, saying it didn't depend on how fast you run just on your bpm and that in faster runners it was quite constant, i think i remember it was about 180bpm, but that can't be true since i've already analyzed my library. well, anyways, i'm gonna find out now. never mind, man, cheers!