Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Need advise on a road bike for triathlon's

I was approached in this week to join a triathlon team. I have never done this before but would like to give it a try. I love running a lot and feels the same about it as the Bullrunner. I am now in the process of buying a road bike. Can anyone give me advice on:
  • Where to buy
  • What to look for
  • What to buy

Keep into concideration that I have never done this before so is not looking for a professional bike, even second hand is fine. A shop was refereed to me in Queson City I think it is called all-terra and maybe someone can give me more details of this? I would also not want to spend to much for in case I don't enjoy it. I am looking in spending between 15k and 20k, is this possible? Please help this foreigner to become a triathlon athlete or at least die trying.... An remember to KEEP FIT!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Foreign Runner,

Great blog!! Hope to meet you in the coming races. I also listen to Christian music that gives me a lot of boost. If you still need help re bike shop, I can refer to you a friend of mine who owns one here in Marikina. Email me when your here in Manila already.

brothers in Christ,

JunC

Unknown said...

Hi Jun, I am in Manila already, email me your contact details at foreignrunner@yahoo.co.uk and I will give you a call. Thanks for the help, I need it. I stay in Greenhills. Nice to know another Christian brother. Keep fit and hold faith. We will however first go this week to Palawan but will return 2 August and I will be at the Manila marathon on Sunday 3 August. Hope to see you there

Unknown said...

have you gotten yourself a roadie already? let's check it out one of these days, might be able to help you get some parts :)

Anonymous said...

i smell another triathlete in the making :D

-butch

Unknown said...

Oh yes, triathlete already started... I love the cross training and the new challenges to the sport. All I need a lot of now is training in swimming as it is new to me. The only times I swam was always on holiday but never in competition.