Friday, August 22, 2008

Rich blessings through not only life but also running

I would like to contribute this entry to our only Father:

This is how Christ has blessed me this past few weeks. There is a reason why I did not blog for so long and here it is:

He allowed us to go to Palawan for a week and that was great. I enjoyed my every second day running there and especially enjoyed the clean air.
We had great classes this last two weeks and I got to learn a lot new vocab and understanding so much more of the grammer (did you know studies in the US shows that Tagalog is the 7th hardest gramatical language in the world)
He allowed me to run in the milo race, menshealth race and if it is His will, next Sunday the nike run at Fort.
I was able to join the run clinic at ROX and got some great tips.
I eventually got a nike kit for my ipod.
I eventually met TBR!!! Quite a highlight.
And then last but not least He blessed me with great running friends like you that share this passion of running with me.

It is so important for me to always remember it is because of Him that I am able to run and enjoy it. I am so greatfull for a healthy body and the ability to run. Then to top it all off, He gave me salvation!!

Well I hope to see you all at the nike race next Sunday!!!! And remember to always KEEP FIT!!

15 comments:

Nora, the golden girl said...

If only all the people in the world will count their blessings, there will be peace among us.
I'm sorry I still can't make it to the Nike Race. I'm not yet ready for 10k and most importantly, I am probably the most low-tech runner in this planet. I don't have any running accessory except my running shoes. Good luck to you and to all the runner bloggers.

Anonymous said...

It was great meeting and running with you Philip! See you next Sunday!

Unknown said...

Hi Nora, how quickly how we can forget who makes it all possible for us.. Hope you get ready for 10km quickly so we can meet. Good luck with the training and God bless. KEEP FIT!!Hey buddy pro..., you were a pro when I met you. The feeling is likewise, you are a great guy and keep it like that. Anyway what does your name stand for?!? See you Sunday and KEEP FIT

Unknown said...

hi philip, thanks for swinging by my blog. :) jaymie did mention that she met you last thursday and that you were a super cool guy. :) hope to meet you too one of these days

Unknown said...

Will most probably if you do any running races on the weekends. It sounds like you are more into biking?? I got a bike a few weeks ago and went twice. I do enjoy it a lot. I did a lot of biking on spinning bikes in the gym, dont know how close that compare but anyway. KEEP FIT and surely we'll catch up.

Unknown said...

oh, no, won't be running races anytime soon. i'm saving my runs for a 21k before my half-ironman. :) yes, i am more of a cyclist than a runner -- actually, more of a cyclist and a swimmer than a runner but i'm struggling to run decently. :D

oh i tell you, indoor spinning is NOTHING like the real thing! it's just... too safe! and boring! :)

Unknown said...

Hey philip, it was great meeting you as well as your wife---twice in one week! I have a feeling we'll be bumping into each other more often. See you on Sunday :)

Anonymous said...

Hi foreignrunner. Good to hear that things are okay. Good luck in the Nike 10K on Sunday and looking forward to meeting you in November!

Unknown said...

Marga, it is a pitty that we wont meet on races soon. Good luck with the half iron man, I wake my hat of to you.Jaymie, it was likewise great to eventually meet you. My wife and I were walking behind you when you went to the nike shop and I told my wife, wow that girl is geared up, newest nike running shoes and gramin watch.. little did I know it was you in the fleshuntil I saw your face and I knew it was you. See you soon and it will be great to chat again soon.Sfrunner, come back home safely. Your own country is always the best tog o back to and I know the feelings and excitement you must have to return.. Safe travel and KEEP FIT, see you in November

Anonymous said...

Great run ! will see you on the 31st. nike race.


O
<#<
V\
/_
R.Patrick Concepcion
RunningShield
http://runningshield.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I envy you with the shoes. I guess I will have to buy mine?!? Great run and yeah, see you at the nike race. God bless and KEEP FIT!!

Anonymous said...

Im sure that this blog will not be enough to list the blessing you have. Hope to see you too in the next races. :D

Unknown said...

Amen to that brother, you can say that again, just felt the need to mention just a few.

Anonymous said...

foreignrunner, you have an impressive blog. keep it up and be healthy always. hope to see you soon in manila. keep on running!

bald runner
www.baldrunner.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Philip,
God is so good. He blessed those who continue to trust and obey Him. I thank the Lord for people like you who loves running and continues to share God's love to other runners. God bless you on your ministries! Hope to see you again in futre races.