Saturday, September 20, 2008

I am hooked!!!

I love this new found sport. Thanks to people like Levy, Marga and others for introducing this sport to me. I even gave up the long awaited Adidas race for triathlon??? I must be hooked. I enjoy the cross training tremendously and it is something different with more challenges.




I went to Alabang with Levy and Marga today to try the bike route and familiarise ourselfs with it. I must say, even after doing the loops four times (total of 40km) I still will have to concentrate come race day next month. The laps works like this.




  • Once leaving the transition area, follow the road. At the first junction, turn left and follow the road. It will make a big loop passing the golf course on the right with quite a steap hill.


  • At the top you get another junction. At this junction, turn left to start the small loop. Follow the road. The road will get to a junction. Turn left. Once you turned left the golf course is again on the right side and you will be on the same steap uphill. At this point you just completed the small lap.


  • Upon arriving at the top of the hill where you will turn left to start the small lap, turn tight to start over. You will start now the second figure eight loop. Note that after turning right at the junction, not far you have to make a right turn (there is a field on the right side). One figure eight loop is a total of 10km and therefore you have to do three of these figure eight loops. In summary, it is three large loops and three small loops. After one large, do a small which makes up one figure eight loop.


  • After doing three figure eight loops, it is off to the finnish. This can be tricky. After you finnished the last small lap and you get to the top of the hill where the golf course is on your right, turn right. Continue with the big lap. Your next turn after the last junction is to the right. Just after you truned right there should be an arrow (there was one at the last race) that will point left stating finnish. Turn left and not right. If you turn right you will continue with the large lap again. After turning left, park your bike and enjoy your run...


I hope this will help those that struggled with the route like I did. I also attached a google pic of the route. The instructions will make more sense if you read it with the map of google earth. (Click on the image to enlarge)





I also signed up for the Los Banos tri and can't wait as I have a bet with another athlete. Don't want to mention names because should I win the challenge, it will be much sweeter to mention this person's name. We did a total of 40km bike and 7km run today at Alabang. I also managed to see Patrick, Jaymie and Anni today. It was a pity I could not chat to them as I would still like to appoligise to Anni for our last nike run. Levy and Marga, thanks for the company, you guys are great!!!



Untill next time... KEEP FIT!!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

i just did a 30k bike loop and a 2.8 run! hee hee. am conserving my energy for my long bike out with harry tomorrow. we still don't know where we're going! haha!

i had the most wonderful time this morning too! we should have our regular brick trainings, you know! next time, we should bring the rest of the TRIplets!

see you at los banos!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hi phillip,

welcome to the tri world!!!!

Norman

Unknown said...

Hey philip,

Great to see you yesterday. Sorry for not recognizing you at first! With the way you're training, I'm sure you'll be as fast on the bike and swim as you are in running. Keep it up. Looking forward to hearing about your UPLB tri.

Unknown said...

By the way, I like your new header!

Nora, the golden girl said...

With your determination and this kind of training, I'm sure you won't be disappointed anymore in your next TRI, Philip!
I second the motion--great new header!

Anonymous said...

Philip,

The athlete who challenged you does not know what he's gotten himself into. He's bound to eat your dust.

Levy

Bro J said...

greater header bro!

Anonymous said...

hi philip, let's bike out with marga, levy and team gerry's grill soon.

Unknown said...

levy and philip, why am i not privy to this bet?! ;) ibulong nyo naman sa akin itong athlete who made a bet with philip oh!

Unknown said...

Marga and mukhang guilty, super we will arrange a bike trip maybe after Los Banos. Marga, stop looking for excuses :)

Jaymie, thought it is time for a change to promote my new found sport. No excuse next time for not rcognising me...

Norman, thanks for the warm welcome.

Nora, I am still new with this sport so still lots to learn but will give it my best. Thanks for the compliment.

Broj, thanks for the compliment.

Levy, can you believe someone would do that, you might even know him :) maybe you can caution him ha ha ha ha loko loko ka na.

Unknown said...

Marga, anong bet? Hindi ko alam bakit pero walang problema, I will chat to my coach and kung may pera ka na, then we can make a plan..... Biro lang....