Thursday, September 18, 2008

I am disappointed!!!

I received the results ogf the animo tri today from my good friend Levy. I am disqualified. What a track record, my first tri and I am disqualified.

It is due to my own neglegence. I should have studied the route beforehand. I don't however know where they got my bike time and distance as I did do 30km according to my garmin but just a different route. I did the small circle two times more and the big eight one time less, so I think that is where my time was not registered. Whatever the reason, I will take full responsibility. That is why we will go on Saturday and familiarize ourselves with the route for next month..... Yeah I am hooked, I already registered for the next tri on 12 October!!!! I want to do the correct route as my running time was quite good. I am planning on taking at least a few classes of total immersion lessons before the next tri to help me with the swimming.

I have a challenge with someone else so I need to improve on my swimming time. 31minutes was just to long for swimming. I must have looked like something between a frightened cat and a hungry chicken in the water. I was the only one that did the backstroke and then it wasn't even done propperly, it looked more like a holiday swim. My garmin regeistered a distance of 29.6 km for my bike at a time of 53 minuntes so I am happy with my bike as well. JUST THE SWIMMING...

So who is coming with next month?!? Don't be scared to do a triathlon if you don't know the techinique of swimming because if I could do it, then so can you.....

12 comments:

Nora, the golden girl said...

So sorry to hear that. Your first TRI, and you were disqualified. I admire your determination to make it right next time. Others will simply fade away ... not the Foreign Runner! Good luck, Philip! We'll miss you this Oct. 11. See you in future race (hopefully Oct. 26 or Nov. 9)

Bro J said...

i'm sorry to hear that. Anyway, with your determination i know you can do it next time bro. God bless!

Unknown said...

let's do los banos! sept 27

Anonymous said...

It was really humbling in your part to not blame the race organizer but frankly i think the race organizer should foresee this type of problems and properly train there marshals. I understand the bike route was an 8 type of loop. there already you can see the problem. But then again i guess we just have to accept the situation and move on. Im sure your much more determine for the next tri race. Good luck - Patrick concepcion / running shield
http://runningshield.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

dont be upset about ur DQ, kahit na ayun officially ang 1st tri mo :D

tingnan mo yung race results, HALF(!) of those who started the race ended up DQ'ed too! "Lacks bike loop" or some variation. so was it ur fault? i dont think so.

theres NAGT UPLB and AAV sprint tri's in the next few weeks... tuloy ang ensayo! :)


-butch

Anonymous said...

kaasar! that so sad. but glad to see you are raring to do some more. and as they say ... if at first you dont succeed, tri again hehehe

Anonymous said...

hi phillip,

don't worry much about the results.you've got the thrill naman from your first tri..Bawi na lang uli!!

see you on your next race!!

norman

Anonymous said...

Philip, sorry to hear what happened but you were good at not blaming the race organizers. It's an experience that will help you in the long run.

I had that situation happen to me over 30 years ago when the lead runners which I was a part of (11 of us) took a wrong turn. It was a 10K and we actually ran 9K of it. All 11 of us were disqualified! It was the only time it happened to me other than the Sonoma Wrong Way Marathon where the chalk marks from an early morning rain were washed away.

Unknown said...

Nora, I will have to make sure to join those races even if it is just to meet you.


broj, I will have to wait and see, will know next weekend with the tri at Los Banos. I am going for swimming classes next week, I am doing the total immersion classes.

runningshield, today we went to do the same route at Alabang again, and it is pretty confusing, even after we've done 40km, the loop four times, I still have to concentrate. When you race, you want to concentrate on other things and not on the route... Anyway, I believe it will go better next weekend.

bards, I am fimiliar with that saying, it is the second tri I am worried about. Anyway my second tri is next weekend so we will know how by then. Thanks for the comment.

Norman, you are totally correct. I do it for the enjoyment first and foremost even though I am competitive. I also must remember it will take a few before I will be at ease. Thanks for the comment and see you at the next race. Which one will be your next?

sfrunner, it is quite frustrating, especially if you pushed yourself the whole way and if you were between the first runners. Thanks for your blog, it is an inspiration to us all especially when you share things that happened 30+years ago, wow, I hope I can say that after so many running years. Keep fit!!!

eventzone said...

you really need to rty the Total Immersion technique for swimming.will keep your legs for hard running and cycling later. they say it is the Chi of swimming :)a lot of core, minimal kicking and just strong upper body work. why not? after all you wont be needing the upper body for the latter part.

Unknown said...

April, thanks for vissiting, I already did one session with ti and will go for my second tonight. See ya and God bless.

Unknown said...

Hey butch, I am sorry but only saw your entry today. Thanks for the motivating words. I did the last two at UPLB and at Ayala and it went much better. I have the hang of it now more also with the help of Levy. See you at the races.